MDP Energy has performed many ASHRAE Level 1, 2 and 3 energy audits for a variety of clients. The differences are summarized below:
ASHRAE Level 1-Preliminary Energy Assessment:
- Walk through of your building to determine basic building infrastructure
- Recommend several energy conservation measures for basic equipment
- Provide basic information on available incentives and funding opportunities.
ASHRAE Level 2-Detailed Energy Audit:
- In-depth evaluation of all building infrastructure and building envelope.
- Review of equipment sequencing, operating protocols and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Determine adequacy of lighting levels, building controls and HVAC Loads.
- Recommendation of dozens of energy conservation measures addressing entire building.
- Detailed evaluation of available federal, state, local and utility incentives.
ASHRAE Level 3-Investment Grade Audit:
- Sophisticated, whole-building computer model simulation.
- Extremely detailed cost estimating, determination of inflationary impacts to long term savings projections and detailed analysis of energy conservation measure inter-relation.
- Investment-grade, decision-making support.