Certified Senior Energy Engineer
MDP Energy is a multi-disciplinary renewable energy system integrator and developer with in-house turnkey system design, EPC and Operating and Maintenance capability. The firm pursues two business objectives:
- Providing degrees of energy independence to commercial, industrial and municipal building environments with cumbersome energy loads through the holistic implementation of energy conservation measures and a range of renewable energy technologies.
- The development of renewable distributed power stations (small generator/utility scale) in strategically advantageous locations that effectively maximize sustainable revenue opportunities.
The company integrates a broad range of renewable technologies including advanced energy storage, solar, thermal solar, Gas turbines, waste heat generators, geothermal systems, High efficiency HVAC, and multi-functional energy management systems for commercial, industrial and municipal applications. The firm provides true turnkey services including investment grade energy audits and consulting, Full Engineering services, MEP design and coordination, system integration, Management.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a wide range of renewable energy technologies in various commercial, industrial and municipal applications as well as small generation (<2 MW IC) renewable distributed power stations.
- Conduct investment grade energy audits that include a 20-30 page “preliminary” report including a paragraph to a page on each of the following: executive summary, site description, systems descriptions, current situation, measure recommendation and an advanced level of calculations and savings, pricing and financing.
Coordination with system designers to maximize efficiencies and ensure system accuracy.
- Development of energy modeling and financial savings models for the various renewable systems and components as well as per-project basis.
- Assist when needed in the development of various proposals including funding opportunities, RFP’s, Performance Contracting and private project proposals. Participation in research and development initiatives.
- Proactively interact with clients, manufacturers, sub-contractors and strategic partners to maximize technology efficiencies, project progress and technical issues.
- NYS Licensed PE, CEM Certification, CEP
- Recommended: NABCEP, LEED AP
- BSME or BS degree coupled with relevant experience working with renewable energy technologies (primarily solar, energy storage, waste heat capture/reuse) and power generation equipment (CHP). Preferably 5+ years direct experience.
- Intimate knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, particularly in large commercial, industrial and municipal facilities. Experience designing, modeling and integrating solar systems required.
- Experience with LIPA / Con Ed interconnection procedures and process with regard to CHP and other renewable forms of energy.
- Experience with energy modeling, measurement and verification and quality control.
- Strong understanding of various mainstream renewable energy technologies and markets (solar, wind, geothermal, energy storage) and experience integrating multiple or disparate components into a unified system.
- Experience with and auditing and qualifying of advanced technologies including various types of solar, wind, battery storage, CHP (microturbines, cogeneration, waste heat), flywheels, UPS systems, geothermal, waste to energy systems, etc preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly team oriented fast paced environment with minimal supervision and experience motivating and training others.
- Proposal writing, technical writing and experience responding to comprehensive RFPs/RFQs and Performance Contracting preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and technical presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft products
Position will be based out of MDP Energy corporate office in Bohemia, NY
Compensation: Highly competitive salary